This easy side dish is a quick and tasty addition to any meal
1 lb. Fresh Asparagus
1 bunch Spring Garlic
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 to 2 Tbsp. Freshly grated Asiago Cheese
1. Remove roots and green tops from spring garlic.
2. Chop remaining garlic into 1 cm. pieces
3. Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in large sauté pan
4. Add garlic
5. Sauté until softened (3 minutes)
6. Snap ends of asparagus at natural break point.
7. Discard ends.
8. Add asparagus
9. Add salt and pepper
10. Cook 5 minutes or until soft (not mushy!)
11. Turning often for even cooking
12. Remove from heat and top with Asiago
Yield - 4 Servings
NOTE: To make this a slightly heartier dish, mix Asiago with 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs and stir into garlic and asparagus.
Active Time -15 minutes
Total Time -15 minutes
It's said it for years, but they really are coming! If you'd like to submit a recipe for the site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org